Thursday, June 28, 2012
More testing, more data
Another day of testing of the F-60 sand and more of the parameters have been acquired. We figured out that the reason for the differences in the k-values from the previous day was because the sand in the inner column was higher than the sand around the inner column. We tested this and found that by adding more sand into the inner column it changed the k-value. From now on we will figure out our length by how much of the inner column is in the sand by using the inside amount. This change helped us to get more accurate k-values. We then moved on and started running a few tests with the F-65 sand. This sand is consider to be more fine which will mean there will be less room for the water to move through. Due to this, we are predicting that the k-values will be lower than that of the F-60. So far in the few tests we have ran, the data looks that way. Whether there will be a statistical significance is yet to be determined!